Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday's Food Diary

I most definitely had that friday feeling today. I find the older I get the more often I find myself wishing days away - probably not a good thing. Anyway Friday's usually start with kettlebells before work  but I got a text last night to say it was cancelled, so Friday started like any other day....porridge, muller light greek yogurt and a cup of tea. And then of course a mid morning banana. I know I should mix my breakfasts up a bit - but this really works for me! 




As it was friday, my boss treated us all to coffees. I try not to get them too often but I was really in the mood for it and I knew I woud have a few propoints left at the end of the day so I got a skinny cappuccino.
   

I managed to remember my lunch today. It was my favourite lunch of the week too - a seeded slimbo topped with tuna salad. It was 7pp and was really delicious, I mixed beetroot, cucumber and roasted red pepper in with tuna and mayo and served it with a pickle. I love how the beetroot turns everything a lovely shade of pink. 


                                                 

Because kettlebells had been cancelled I went to bootcamp after work, by the time the end of the day came I was very close to just going home and collapsing on the couch. I decided I needed it and so I grabbed a teaspoon of peanut butter (1pp perfect preworkout snack) and ran out the door. I think he was trying to kill us tonight and I think its my fault for saying last night that the workouts were getting easier. Hours later I am still wrecked, it took me a lot of energy to even shower and make dinner. As tired as I am it feels great. The plan was bootcamp tomorrow morning but I can feel my muscles seizing already so I'm going to go for a run on sunday and use tomorrow as my rest day. 


Dinner after this was Grilled Harissa Chicken with Courgette Salad  from this months weight watcher mag. I think I added too much lime but this was not my best meal this week. It was a little bland and wasn't to exciting and I really don't think I'd make it again. I did add a little more couscous than the recipe called for so brought the propoints up to 10pp.



As its Friday I thought I would have a nice large cold glass of wine - and as delicious as it looks in the picture its not the best wine, so I don't think I am going to waste my weeklies on the half bottle I was planning on having. (I may finish the glass though as it is in front of me.....) 


Friday night and time to sign off, curl up on the couch with a purple snack bar and a movie. Have only had to use 5 weeklies today (for my glass of wine) which is great for a Friday! Tomorrow is where the real challenge starts - hardest days to stay on track but I'm going in confident and we'll see how I get on! 

1 comment: