Sunday, August 6, 2017

Pan Fried Hake with Samphire Risotto



I love fish, and we try to have it at least once a week at home. My favourite fish tend to be a bit on the pricier side, so its always good to find interesting ways of serving the slightly cheaper cuts rather than just baking it in the over.



I also love a risotto, so it seemed perfect to combine some lovely panfried fish with a rich creamy risotto. I've never really noticed samphire in the supermarkets before, but I saw it a couple of weeks ago and decided I needed to pick it up. It turns out I haven't really noticed it because it has quite a short time its in season, June to August - so now is the time to give this a try!
When I made this I added some mangetout, and they just didn't add anything to the dish so I would leave it out if making it again.

Serves: 2
SmartPoints per serving: 11
SmartPoints on NoCount: 7
Ingredients:
250g hake fillets
120g risotto rice
1 fish stock cube
a few strands of saffron (optional)
80g fresh samphire
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp chopped dill
lemon wedge for serving.

Make up the stock with 1 pint of boiling water and add the saffron.

Heat half the oil over a medium heat and add the onion & garlic. Cook until just soft & translucent before adding the rice. Cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes and then start to add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly until the rice is cooked al dente. Stir through the samphire and dill and season to taste.

While the risotto is cooking, heat the remaining oil & butter in a pan. Season the hake fillets with sea salt and fry over a medium heat, skin side down for 3-4 minutes. Turn the hake and cook for another 2 minutes or until just cooked through.

Serve on top of the risotto with a lemon wedge and a sprinkle of dill. You can add a side salad if needed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment