Thursday, September 12, 2013

Roasted Figs and Honey





I somehow managed to miss nearly all of the fig season, which I am really disappointed about because I really do love figs. M&S still have figs in at the moment so I decided to treat myself to 2 packets yesterday! I ate one raw in work and it was so good that I decided then and there what we were having  for dessert! Super easy and quick and so delicious and filling! 


Serves: 2
Propoints per Serving:
Ingredients:
4 figs
2tsp runny honey
5 almonds
100g 0% fat greek yoghurt
20g dark chocolate (at least 75%)

Preheat the oven to 200C. Place your figs in an oven dish and cut a cross into the top of them, cutting most of the way through but making sure the base is still intact. Crush the almonds and sprinkle them into the cuts in the figs. Drizzle the honey over and then roast for 15-20 minutes until the figs are soft. While the figs are cooking, chop the chocolate into small pieces. Serve 2 figs per person and pour over the juices from the pan. Ad 50g of the yoghurt per person and then sprinkle over the chocolate. Make sure some hits the figs as it will melt from the heat, and the pieces over the yoghurt will add a little bite. 


I have 6 more figs now to use this weekend, may roast them like this, or may try something new! 

Oh yeh and here is the yoghurt I used! Like I said in yesterdays post, this is not cheap, nearly €6 for the tub, but I think it is well worth it. The Greek Style yoghurts you can get in most shops are full of sugar and thickening additives. This is the real deal, its strained and set and is so rich and creamy. Also its very filling compared to other yoghurts. Also at only 1pp for 100g (or 7pp for the entire 500g tub though I don't think I could ever eat it all!) its really good value for your propoints! 100g with some fruit is an amazing low propoint and filling snack! I am so upset that this isn't more easily available, and I really hope Donnybrook fair keep stocking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment