Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chunky Chilli Bean Soup

This will be the fourth week running that I have made soup for work. By friday I get a bit sick of the same soup but its worth it because without my lunches made I run the risk of going off track. So far I have had cumin spiced butternut squash, celeriac leek and potato and minestrone and this week its chunky chilli bean. I think I prefer the chunky soups as it really feels like a proper meal and I don't feel the need to have bread with it. This one is so easy, quickest one yet and it is very tasty too!







Servings: 6
SmartPoints per serving: 3
Propoints per serve: 3
Ingredients:

1 onion chopped
1.2 litres veg stock
3 celery sticks diced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
2 tsps ground cumin
pinch of chilli flakes
2 tbsps tomato puree
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 410g can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 198g can of sweetcorn drained
Juice of half a lime
3tbsp chopped fresh corriander







Put the onion in a large lidded pan with 100ml of the stock, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add the peppers and celery, cover and cook for 5 more minutes.









Add the cumin, tomato puree and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add the chopped tomatoes and the rest of the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add the kidney beans and the sweetcorn and cook for 5 more minutes. Mix in the lime juice and serve scattered with the corriander.

3 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! Do you know how many cals it is per portion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure tbh - the recipe didn't say. I have heard that 1 propoint is roughly 40 cals - so working out the propoints for the entire recipe this would be roughly 110 cals per portion. I have no idea how accurate that is though - sorry!

      Delete