Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: November Week 4



Was down half a pound this week so the scales are still moving the right direction. There have been times where I would have been disappointed with a loss like that, no matter what I told myself I would always expect more after a good week on plan. However the older I get the more I appreciate how valuable each and every half pound loss actually is. 


I had set myself a goal of losing 10lbs by Christmas and this weeks half pound loss means I have 6 more lbs to go and only 5 weigh ins. I am remaining optimistic but also slightly terrified of what December will bring. I already have something on each weekend from now until Christmas week, and while I know I can manage one night off plan and be relatively ok, its the weeks that have multiple events going on that worry me. Also our last weigh in before Christmas is the 20th of December and my focus this year will be sticking to the plan right up to Christmas Eve, and doing my best to control myself on Stephens day before we head off on our holidays. I always have this plan, and I always fail miserably. It seems that as soon as I walk out of that last weigh in my Christmas Eating/Drinking starts.


I'll be keeping track of my losses on my little Christmas tree. Each week I'll add a new bauble and the star represents the total loss so far. I like to have visual queues to keep me going, There is something very satisfying about keeping a regular check like this in a visual way. 

The weeks are getting busier and being organised is going to be crucial, so meal plans are extra important now. I found it really difficult to pick dinners this week and need some new options to add into the mix. I am considering getting a pressure cooker sometime soon and hoping to be able to try some new recipes with that. I'm running low on soup in the freezer and so I'll be doing my best to stock up this weekend. With some many treats around the office having healthy and filling lunches ready to go is the only chance I have to stick to my plan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment