Monday, November 12, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: November Week 3



I'm not sure about the rest of you, but after a holiday or week off plan I am always tempted to skip my meeting, get myself back on track and have a great week in the hopes to avoid seeing a gain on the scales. We know its a bad idea, but it is always so scary to go to weigh in knowing full well you have gained. But to be honest, skipping is the worst thing you can do for a number of reasons.




  • I tried to get myself back on track the minute the plan landed, but something just wasn't clicking. I needed the shock of the class and the scales to really draw a line in the sand and to move on. 
  • Sometimes the results aren't as bad as you think. For me this time, they were. But it helped me knowing where I stood. 
  • Even if you do manage to get yourself back on track, and have a perfect week the following week. Your results are going to be diluted due to the fact you haven't registered the gain. Take my results for example, after my holiday the scales showed me as gaining 4.5lbs and this week I lost 3.5lbs. Had I not gone and registered the 4.5lbs gain, the scales this week wouldn't have shown a loss at all, it would have shown me gaining 1lb since the last weigh in before holidays. And no matter how you try to rationalise it, it is never nice to look at a gain after a perfect week on track. Instead I saw the real results of my perfect week and it motivated me to keep it going. 

So I am back in the swing of things and feeling good about it. I had a planned day off on Saturday for my goddaughters birthday party, followed by a takeaway and some wine. I wrote off my weeklies and woke up Sunday morning and got back to normal. Anyone who follows me over on Instagram, I am tracking my days on plan and my exercise in my stories daily. It is just another good way to keep myself honest. If I know I'm risking my little star on my calendar, it means I am less likely to go off plan. I have 4 more weeks until my work Christmas Party and one busy weekend the weekend before, but I am determined to fit into my dress and so far that is what is keeping me away from the chocolate and crisps! No major social outings this weekend, just a few drinks with the rugby so hoping to be able to stick 100% to my dailies and weeklies (though who knows once I have a few drinks in me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment