Monday, April 30, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: May Week 1


I was a little unsure last week how my weigh in was going to go last week. I felt like I was retaining water and I had pretty much stopped all exercise after the 10km on Monday. I had been a bit sick and just feeling exhausted so decided my body needed a rest. I was hoping to at least STS so I was pretty happy to find I had lost half a pound. So this week I managed to get back into the 10 stone bracket, and it brings my total loss for the past 4 weeks to 4lbs. 



So this weekend I was away. We left on Friday evening after work, headed for Belfast with a plan to see the Giant's Causeway on Saturday. I have to say I had a great weekend. We found a gorgeous Italian for dinner called Coppi in Catherdral Quarter when we got up on Thursday night. Absolutely beautiful food, lovely service and just a really nice atmosphere. And after a few drinks we headed to bed ready for an early start the next day. Leaving at around 9:30 we headed further north, to our first stop; the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. To be honest I am not sure what I was thinking heading there, as I am the biggest scaredy cat ever. I realised just how scary it was going to be waiting in the queue and watching other people cross. I managed to make it across, shaking a swearing with each step I took. Then after waiting for my legs to stop shaking and admiring some of the views from the small Island, I had to do it again. Absolutely terrifying, but the whole area is pretty gorgeous. 


After that we headed all along the coast to the Giants Causeway. I have to say it was absolutely amazing, totally mind-blowing that it is completely natural. It was great fun climbing around all the columns and just taking in all the views. We had been talking about going up and seeing it for a while now and I am so glad we got to. On the way back to Belfast we stopped off for a sandwich is a lovely little cafe between the Causeway and the Ropebridge; Bothy Coffee. If you get a chance I would definitely recommend finding it. After a well needed nap back in the apartment we made our way out for drinks and another lovely meal and found a few nice bars to get a little bit more than tipsy. 

Sunday we took it easy, had a bit of a sleep in before heading for Brunch nearby and then off to the Titanic Exhibition. I wasn't totally blown away by the Titanic exhibition, it was definitely worth seeing and I am glad we went, but it was not the best of its kind I have been too. All that was left then was the long drive home after a fantastic trip. Anyone thinking of heading up and seeing the Giant's Causeway, stay in Belfast and you will get the best of both! 


I had hoped to have my one treat meal as usual on Saturday and eat well the rest of the time. I have to say that was pretty ambitious plan. I definitely indulged while I was away. 3 course meals both nights (though I shared the dessert the first night), plenty of drinks and not the healthiest options for my other meals. I didn't snack too much though, and I got plenty of steps done on both Friday and Saturday so I was at least active throughout. I was also so wrecked yesterday when I got home I had pizza for dinner with cookies and ice cream (halo top at  least) for dessert. I did manage to get my groceries bought and so no excuses when I woke up this morning. I have my meal plan done for the week and the plan is to get back to running tomorrow morning. 

I may gain this week, I am hoping to do as much damage control as possible over the next few days, but I will accept any gain I get and move on. The bank holiday is coming up but I have nothing major going on so hoping to be able to keep things mostly healthy and activity filled. I just need to keep my mojo going and not use the weekend as an excuse to go mental! Hope you all have a great week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment