Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan April Week 1


Last week was not a good week. I came back from Bruges all ready to get back on plan in a big way and Tuesday started out great. Then disaster struck, just before I left work I got some bad news. Nothing serious, but something that has been in the works for the past 8 months basically fell apart - leaving me back at square one. I was pretty devastated and it completely threw me off for the week. I still haven't learned how to deal with my emotional eating.


Me every time I went to the fridge! 
So I snacked, a lot. Every time I opened the fridge or the cupboard I would grab something to eat. I used more oil/butter in my dinner time and I didn't weigh or measure anything. I tried to track, but by the time lunch time came around I was already off track so I just kept going. By the time Thursday rolled around I knew I wasn't going to go to weigh in. I did the thing I always tell people not to do, but I just couldn't face it. I'd had a bad enough week and being told just how much weight I had gained would not have helped me. 



So it all came to a head on Thursday and I realised I was fed up. I'd had enough of feeling sorry for myself and I needed to just get over it. I may have skipped my weigh in but the following morning was the start of a new week so the perfect time to cop on and get myself sorted. The food didn't make me feel any better, it just made me feel guilty and bloated and fat. Part of me wanted to just give up and wallow in self pity and food but what is the point in that. I managed to use all my weeklies between Friday night and a hungover Saturday morning but other than that I have been 100% on plan. 

To kick things up a notch I have decided to give up my nightly chocolatey treat. I will be bulking up my meals a little more to make up for it, and if I do have any SmartPoints left over in the evening I will use them on healthier snacks like greek yoghurt, peanut butter, or nuts. I did that last year in the run up to my friends wedding and it really helped. I will keeping treats to Friday & Saturday with the exception of special occasions. I also got back to meal prepping on Sunday so I have no excuse to stray from the plan for the week. Wish me luck. 

I'm excited about the food on this weeks meal plan. A couple of new recipes to try as well as an old favourite - my Aubergine Bake for just 4 SmartPoints per serving, plenty of smartpoints left to bulk up the meal with some flatbread & salad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment