Monday, March 20, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In


Last weeks weigh in was not great, but I knew it wasn't going to be. The previous weekend we had a brunch out planned with my family to celebrate my Dad's birthday. As we were going on the Sunday and it was brunch I didn't think it would be that bad - and so I used up some weeklies on the Friday & Saturday (probably more than I should have). Of course I should have known what my family are like and we ended up drinking copious amounts and staying out drinking until nearly 10pm. Then of course, I had to stop for a drunken McDonalds on the way home. 
I woke up the next morning with a killer hangover (no surprises), but refused to give in and got myself back on plan from the moment I woke up. I had 4 great days back on plan but it wasn't quite enough damage control for the weekend and I was up 1lb at weigh in. That leaves me exactly 5lbs above goal which is not great considering this week I am off to Bruges. 



While I haven't completely lost the run of myself the past few months - I have been very liberal with my weekends and I have not come anywhere near getting back to my goal weight. It's not the worst place to be in the world but its not the best either. This weekend was planned as a bit of a foodie weekend. I haven't been on any sort of holiday since August 2015 and I really need the break. We plan on spending a lot of time in pubs, eating waffles and we have a trip to a Michelan starred restaurant on the cards. 

I am not even going to pretend that I will try to be good because I would just be lying to you all. I am going to bring my running gear, mainly because I think it would be a nice place to go for a run. I won't be logging distance or pace - just heading out for a bit to enjoy it. What I will be doing is sticking to my points up until Thursday, and have taken Monday off work to ensure I have the time to get some healthy groceries in and plan out my week to get back on track that day. Since I will be missing this weeks weigh in, I am finding the temptation to start 'holiday' eating today - but I am sticking to my resolve and I have my plan done. 

Keep an eye on my instagram, I have been playing around with the stories feature and will be posting from Bruges. They probably won't be weight watcher friendly posts, so you have been warned!!

Recipes for some of the meals in  my plan are below.




No comments:

Post a Comment