I was so excited when I found out that there was a new Hairy Dieters cookbook coming out, and one focused on quick meals. I have started using Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals more regularly and I love something that can come together quickly in the evening! I got this after work on thursday evening but only got a chance to really sit down and go through it properly yesterday when I started to work out the smartpoints for it. There are some great recipes in there and I already have 2 marked to try this week which I am looking forward too! It looks like a fab book. I have worked out both the Smartpoints for the count and the no count plans but I have not worked out propoints. Apologies to anyone still following this plan, and if I get a lot of requests I may go back and work this out, but for the moment I just don't have the time.
I have gone back and amended the SmartPoint Values for the new Flex update. A lot of the recipes will stay the same, some have minimal change and some more drastic. No Count values have remained the same so are unedited.
Just a few things to note on this post and the posts of the other books!
- I am in Ireland and do not have access to the same e-tools those in the UK and else where have, so these values have been calculated using the food guides given in classes and the shopping guide. So cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.
- For the recipes that involve blending fruit and veg, I used the 4 smartpoint per serving of fruit rule to work this out.
- All recipes have ProPoints & SmartPoints calculated as they are in the book. No substitutions made, if it says full fat cheese thats what I pointed, semi skimmed was pointed as such etc.
- However, when working out values for No Count I made a few substitutions
- Milk changed to skimmed instead of semi skimmed.
- Rice changed to brown rice (with the exception of Aboria and Paella)
- Pasta/Spaghetti changed to brown pasta
- Cous Cous changed to wholemeal cous cous
- Rindless Back Bacon changed with bacon medallions
- Pitta's & Wraps changed to the WW branded versions which are free.
- Finally, please let me know if any of these are incorrect and I will check and update them ASAP.