Monday, February 4, 2013

Creamy Chicken Pies



I'll be honest, these were not as creamy as the title suggest. You would absolutely need to add more philadelphia or some creme fraiche if you want it really creamy. I will say this it was very tasty and a really huge portion. I had put a little more chicken in as that was the size of the breasts I had but more than half went into my boyfriends pie and I added a couple of extra
propoints to mine just to be sure. I couldn't finish it anyway because there was so much of it, so I would stick with the amount of chicken suggested. Oh and I forgot to buy a carrot so I used BNS instead - guessed the amount to match the size of a carrot and cut it into small thin squares and it really worked.

Propoints per serving: 12
Servings: 2
Ingredients:
400g potato - peeled and cut into small chunks
125g parsnip - peeled and cut into small chunks
300g skinless boneless chicken breast cut into chunks
1 carrot peeled ad sliced thinly
250ml hot chicken stock
1 bay leaf
60g sweetcorn
2 tsp cornflour
40g low fat soft cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper

Bring a lidded pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and the parsnip and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Drain well and mash with a little seasoning. 

Place the chicken, carrot, stock and bayleaf in a medium sized pan. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Then add the sweetcorn and bring back to the boil.

Mix the cornflour with 1tbsp of water to make a paste, add this to the chicken and let bubble for a few minutes. Then whisk in the soft cheese and cook gently for a minute or so until hot through. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the parsley and preheat the grill to medium. 

Spoon the chicken mixture into individual pie or gratin dishes (or one over proof dish) and top with the mash. Grill for 3-5 mins until the potato is golden on top and serve!!

I wasn't 100% sure the bowl I had to cook mine in was oven proof so I was super careful and probably didn't let it brown as much as I could have. Also the bowls were wide on top and went quite narrow as they got deeper so it was hard to stretch the mash out. Despite all this it was a super delicious and very satisfying meal! Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment