Monday, September 17, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: September Week 3


This week I bit the bullet and made it back to my weight watchers meeting last Thursday and faced the official weigh in. Somehow I found my way back to being 1 stone over my goal weight again which is not fantastic but it is what it is. I got access to esource and jumped straight in first thing on Friday morning and it has really helped. 


For the past couple of years I have been a pen and paper tracking person, but it is difficult to keep it up 100%, you aren't always in a position to track things as or before you eat them and its easy to misplace the tracker and forget to mark things on it. The recipe builder is fantastic and the fact you can find and amend existing recipes in the database is very handy too. The fact I have this on my phone means there aren't really any excuses. There are definitely some downsides, it can be difficult to find things in the database, and the fact there is no barcode scanner can be a little tricky. I know the official app has some additional features on top of the barcode scanner not available on the esource itself. We also have no idea what happens once our free trial is over in December. How they will charge for the usage, will it be worked into the weekly meeting fee or will there be additional charges.  I know in the UK members pay a monthly rate that covers both meetings and online tools which is A LOT cheaper than we pay in Ireland without app access. So adding additional costs on top of the weekly meeting fee seems a little much. But again I don't know what the plan is so we will see what happens and they say over the next few weeks. Also the fact that for this free trial period gold members need to go to every class to get the code is not great, does remove some of the gold member benefits. 

But for the moment I am loving it and finding it has kickstarted my motivation again. I had a full weekend on plan and I still have 10 weeklies left so I am hoping for a good weigh in on Thursday. This Saturday is a little bit of a celebration here and so I need to build up some fit points and will definitely not have any weeklies leftover once Saturday is over. What I will not do is let the celebrations spill over to Sunday and the rest of the week. 

I've been really bad about running lately and so this week I am getting back to it. I have signed up for a 5km on the 27th of this month and the MoRun 10k in november so I need to get back to running regularly again. 

I'm hoping that this time around my motivation will stick and I can get myself back to goal in time for Xmas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment