Monday, December 11, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: December Week 2


Last week I was so convinced I was facing a gain, and just hoping I could do enough for a STS. I didn't feel like I had gained, and I was doing everything I could to counter the few off plan meals I had. I upped the pace on my runs and it really paid off, as I managed to lose half a pound by the time weigh in came around! I was pretty surprised, but it does just go to show that if you make sure that you don't use a weekend full of events to lose the run of yourself then a loss is possible no matter what. I had 3 days where I had events at which I did not hold back, but other meals on those days were usual on plan meals. I worked hard and enjoyed my treats and it did the job. 



best picture i have of just me from the night

This weekend was my work Christmas party which was a White Tie affair. I knew what I wanted to wear as soon as the dress code was announced back in October time, but I also knew that I wouldn't be comfortable in the dress unless I got myself a bit closer to goal. While I do wish I had managed to lose a little bit more I have to say I felt fantastic on the night. Being back within the 5lbs of goal makes such a huge difference, even if part of that is just in my head. 

I was a bit concerned about the Christmas party, I knew I would be fine in the run up - but Sunday was where I was worried. I do not do well with my hangovers. The night was great, I definitely drank my fill but I didn't eat my full starter, any of the potatoes with the main and only a taste of the dessert. I did end up in Burger King at the end of the night though which is not great, but it could have been worse. 

The next morning I woke up at around 8am feeling like I had been hit by a train. Usually I can't get back to sleep and what follows is a day on the couch feeling sorry for myself, and eating everything that is around me. Somehow I kept myself in bed and got back to sleep until almost 2pm, feeling a whole lot better. Now I still went over my points for the day, I was doing so well until I got up to my parents house and found their breadbin and butter dish - but it was only 2 slices of toast with butter and I would usually be a LOT worse on a hangover day. 

This week is another manic week. I have to weigh in a day early as I have another work night out on Thursday (going to drive so I am not tempted to go overboard), so I am not sure if 3 days is quite enough to undo any damage from the weekend but I will be giving it my best shot. The weather is not helping, too icy this morning to head out running so I'll have to drag myself out tomorrow no matter what. Another exciting thing happening this week is my sister and her partner are coming home with my niece from New Zealand. So I will be spending a lot of time with my family where I have slightly less control over my food. Myself and Conor also have our Annual Christmas meal out this weekend and we are off for a tasting menu in Mulberry Garden. So I will be taking the same tactic as usual and just keeping the meals I can on plan and not going mental when I have something on. 

Due to the business I have kept this weeks meal plan pretty simple: things I can throw together without much thought! Anything that makes it easy to stay on plan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment