Saturday, July 25, 2015

One Week to My Holidays!



I've been a bit lax about my blogging lately, I haven't really had too much to talk about. Life has been happening faster than I'd like to think and July is nearly over. I have been on plan for most of July with a few little breaks. Last week was my birthday and even though I had planned a day off, I ended up taking 2 days off and eating a little more than planned. The week before I was in Leeds and while I didn't go crazy, I didn't track and definitely went over my propoints. The important thing though is that I didn't let weekends run into weeks. I was back on track as soon as Monday came. Busy weekends left no time for grocery shopping, and I didn't let the fact I was unorgnaised run me off track.


So where does that leave me now, only 1 week from my holiday, how did I do on my goal to get back to my goal weight? In 8 weeks I managed to lose 4lbs of my 9lb goal. I did actually lose 5lbs but I gained a pound back this week after my birthday weekend. The thing is, I am not that upset. I am trying to put less focus on the number on the scales and more focus on how I feel. And right now I am feeling pretty confident and happy. I am still struggling with the concept of positive body image and trying to balance how much better I feel when I think I look good and how much value I place on myself over these trivial things. Don't get me wrong, I still want to lose the 5lbs....but I want to learn how to love myself regardless. So slowly trying to figure things out - there will be another long and ranty full on body image post coming soon though, so watch this space.

I'm obviously not going to lose those 5lbs in a week, but I'm going to see what I can lose before holidays. So this week I am going to track in a very public way and keep an online food diary. From tomorrow morning I will be posting everything I eat over on my Facebook Page and my Instagram. As my instagram follower already know, I post a lot of what I eat there anyway, but this week will be everything; down to how many bottles of water I drink throughout the day. At the end of the day I will post a recap of all the pictures from the day over on my Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I like your plan.... log everything... go on your hols feeling fab and enjoy your holidays... very minute :)

    ReplyDelete