Sunday, August 2, 2015

Whats In My Shopping Basket!




I'm heading off on my holidays on Monday and have had a great couple of weeks on track! My plan to track my food over on my instagram and facebook has worked and I was down 2.5lbs this week. So my total in 9 weeks was 6.5lbs. I didn't quite make the 9lb goal but I can go on holidays feeling confident and happy. I plan to enjoy my food but not go over the top. I will still eat healthily where I can but if I want a treat I will have one. 

So before I go away I am going to share a post I have been thinking about doing for a while. What I have in my fridge & cupboards that keeps me on track! Just in case anyone is looking for a little inspiration.

Storecupboard Essentials:



  • Tinned tomatoes/passata
  • Tomato purree
  • Stock cubes: chicken, beef & vegetable
  • Oil: Olive, Sunflower, Sesame & Spray Oils
  • Vinegar: Malt, Balsamic, Cider, Red Wine
  • Soy Sauce: Dark & Light
  • Fish Sauce
  • Salt
  • Black & White pepper
  • Spices: Paprika, Cinnamon, Cumin, Corriander, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper, Chilli Powder
  • Herbs: Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Sage
  • Pasta: Spaghetti & Penne
  • Rice: Brown & Risotto
  • Noodles
  • CousCous
  • Bulgar Wheat
  • Quinoa
  • Lentils
  • White Flour
  • Tomato Ketchup
  • Tuna
  • Baked Beans
  • Mustard: Dijon & Wholegrain
  • Pickles
  • Jumbo Porridge Oats
  • Bagel Slims
  • Treats (no more than 3pp): Curly Wurly, Freddo etc

I went through a phase of using brown pasta/spaghetti, but have switched back to white as I do prefer the taste and didn't notice much of a difference eating the brown. Brown rice on the other hand is much nicer than white, so that is always in the cupboard. The stock cupboard ingredients are the essential flavours & carbohydrates for all meals. I always keep some sort of treats in the apartment, though for the past 2 months I have gone without and it hasn't been bad at all. 

Fridge/Freezer


  • Skimmed Milk
  • 0% fat Greek Yoghurt
  • Low Fat Cheddar
  • Light Mayo
  • Eggs
  • Butter (used sparingly when I use it)
  • Chorizo
  • Chicken Breasts
  • Pork Chops
  • Extra Lean Mince
  • Cod/Haddock
  • Salmon
The meats and fish mentioned here tend to be the base of my usual midweek dinners. I do splash out on things like duck on the weekend, or crab/steak midweek. But these are the basic midweek meals. You can make so many dishes from them.


Fruit & Veg


  • Potatoes
  • Butternut Squash
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Ginger
  • Chili
  • Spring Onions
  • Broccoli
  • Green Beans
  • Peas
  • Carrots
  • Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Tomatoes
  • Beetroot
  • Peppers
  • Corn
  • Aubergine
  • Courgette
  • Bananas
  • Clementines

To be honest this list could go on and on. I eat all the fruit and veg. These would be the most common ones in my house or in work. 

There are of course other things in my cupboards and fridge, treats and things for my boyfriend. However I find being prepared with all the healthy options keeps me away from those things for the most part. 

Anyway I have a recipe that I hope to post before Monday, but I am not sure I will have the time. If not it will be my first post when I'm back. Keep an eye on my Instagram and Facebook as I will be checking in there every now and then while away! 




No comments:

Post a Comment