I was so excited when I saw someone on Twitter post this book, I love my other two Hairy Dieters so much and I couldn't wait to get this one. While I will admit I am not quite as excited about every single recipe in here as I would have been with the others, there are loads that I am dying to try. I think first of the list will be Coq Au Vin which looks like a good one for entertaining.
With the introduction of SmartPoints accross the board, I have gone back and calculated the smart points values after numerous requests to do so. I know a lot of people will be sticking with ProPoints for the forseeable future so I have left the ProPoints values in too. I have also added the SmartPoints that need to be taken from weeklies for anyone following the No Count plan.
I have gone back and amended the SmartPoint Values for the new Flex update. A lot of the recipes will stay the same, some have minimal change and some more drastic. No Count values have remained the same so are unedited.
Just a few things to note on this post and the posts of the other books!
- I am in Ireland and do not have access to the same e-tools those in the UK and else where have, so these values have been calculated using the food guides given in classes and the shopping guide. So cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.
- For some of the recipes, when working out ProPoints values I did use the calories given in the book as a guide to estimate but have NOT done this for any of the SmartPoint Values.
- For the recipes that involve blending fruit and veg, I used the MyFitnessPal recipe builder to get the full nutritional info and then used the calculator to work out the SmartPoints. I did this as the guides tell you that blended fruit needs to be counted but I couldn't find anywhere to show how it should be calculated.
- Where the recipe states 'Oil for Spraying' I have used Low Cal Spray Oil (like Frylite) and not used any points for this.
- Apart from the note about oil above, all recipes have ProPoints & SmartPoints calculated as they are in the book. No substitutions made, if it says full fat cheese thats what I pointed, semi skimmed was pointed as such etc.
- However, when working out values for No Count I made a few substitutions
- Milk changed to skimmed instead of semi skimmed.
- Rice changed to brown rice (with the exception of Aboria and Paella)
- Pasta/Spaghetti changed to brown pasta
- Cous Cous changed to wholemeal cous cous
- Rindless Back Bacon changed with bacon medallions
- Pitta's & Wraps changed to the WW branded versions which are free.
- Finally, please let me know if any of these are incorrect and I will check and update them ASAP.