Monday, August 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Crunchers



This week WW magazine has a great little section on cookies, which all look delicious. So I'm going to try as many recipes as I can over the next few weeks and my first attempt were the peanut butter crunchers.
These were delicious (not as delicious as the White Chocolate Florentines but they are by far my favourite WW friendly biscuits) but they did make me buy an entire jar of peanut butter which is now calling to me from the cupboard which is a slight problem. Its a good thing I have no jam otherwise I would be in serious trouble!!

But back to the cookies, these were seriously easy to make and really very nice with a cup of tea. Not too sweet because of the peanut butter but for me it was a pretty good balance between sweet and salty. 

Makes 10 
3pp per cookie

Ingredients:
50g low fat spread
10g artificial sweetener
75g crunchy peanut butter
1 egg yolk
100g plain flour
1tsp icing sugar for dusting

Preheat the over to Gas 5/190C/fan 170C. 
Beat the low fat spread, sweetener, peanut butter and egg yolk with a wooden spoon. 
Stir in the flour to for a pale brown dough and bring it together to form a ball. 
Dust a work surface with some of the  icing sugar and roll the dough to about 4mm thick.
Using a 4cm cookie cutter, cut out 10 biscuits and spread them onto a large non stick baking tray. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on the tray for 2 mins before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar before serving. They will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container and be delicious!!

Next on the list in the Choc and Hazelnuts cookies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment