Friday, April 13, 2012

Night away!

Tomorrow night I am heading on a romantic night away so I have been planning all week for it. Originally I was hoping to get to the gym twice before and once after but with the problems I have been having with my back that has just gone out the window. I have done more walking this week which is one positive. I have also been extremely good with my pp so far, have not had to touch a single weekly, and since it has been passover until tonight I have been having a wheat/grain free week which has to be good (more about that later). So the plan is to have some eggs for a late breakfast to keep me going and then just snack on fruit and veg and maybe a cereal bar until the dinner out. I will probably have a whole bottle of wine (we get one free with the room and we will probably get one with dinner). But I am going to make the best food choices possible for dinner. I'll check in when I come back to see if I stayed on track.


Anyway, just regarding the wheat/grain free passover period. While I found it harder that usual in some ways this year, I also found it easier in others. Breakfast was very difficult - found myself not really having a breakfast, just grazing on fruit and coffee until lunch time. But other meals were great, I ate more protein and was really full and satisfied. However I missed my chocolate treats - I appreciate the ww mini roll so much more now. And tonight I made the Fragrant Chicken and Tomato Pasta Bake from the Complete Kitchen cook book (I definitely wanted my pasta fix) and I was soo stuffed after it, and I am pretty bloated after it. It has made me realise that I do need to cut back on my carbs a little. Lunch without a slice of bread/wrap is fine - and I don't need the popcorn in the afternoon, I was just having it for the sake of it. So hoping these lessons will stick with me.

Now I was going to post the recipe for the Bake but someone on youtube has posted a video with step by step instructions which I thought were great. I made it with chicken breast for 8pp and I aslo added 2 peppers with the onions and chicken, and 2 cloves of garlic, crushed into the tomatoes and stock.
So here it is:  http://youtu.be/wHg4GTHagcg


No comments:

Post a Comment