Monday, December 10, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: December Week 2



So I knew last week that I wasn't going to get a loss, but luckily I managed to pull it back after the weekend enough to lose half a pound. So I think I can safely kiss goodbye to my goal of losing 10lbs by Christmas. I'm 5.5lbs down so far and there are only 2 weigh ins to go. But whether I make the goal or not the scales are going in the right direction.




My mini goal was to fit into a dress I wanted to wear for the Christmas party and I tried it on last wednesday and it fit. So I was delighted with myself, but then something changed between wednesday and Saturday and after a stressful 10 minutes trying to get the zip up, it burst and I was done. Luckily I had a back up dress that did fit, but I have to say I did not feel great after that. I put it behind me and had a great night though and while I drank to excess I stopped eating when I was full which meant only eating half my main course and not touching dessert.


The day before I had a lovely day out in town, was treated to an amazing Michelin starred lunch followed by M&S for dinner (and not their low fat range). So it probably wasn't the best day to be trying to squeeze into a dress. Either way I enjoyed my weekend, had my treats and I'd be naive to think I could get through the holiday season without having days like this.

Last week I did mention my plan to make sure I did not give into my hangover and have a third off plan day. So on Saturday afternoon I prepped my roast chicken, potatoes and veg and when it came to cooking dinner on Sunday it was stress free. I stuck to my 23 smartpoints for the day and it felt really good to be as hungover as I was and stick to my plan.

I have a couple of days now to do some damage control to make up for my 2 days off plan. This weekend I have another lovely meal out, but I will be home by myself for the day so I will be able to keep my earlier meals low points. I am off to a housewarming/christmas party on Saturday but my plan is to drive and not drink, so all I have to do is stay away from the nibbles (which are my down fall). There is a bake sale in work on Wednesday, and while I will be contributing a peanut & chocolate cheesecake and maybe some home made marshmallows I made today, I usually find it quite easy to abstain from eating the treats like that in work. Its a tough time of year but I am doing my very best. If I could even lose 2 or 3 pounds in the next couple of weeks to get me back under 11 stone I will be happy.

As always the plan is key, and I am not skimping on that!


No comments:

Post a Comment