Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: March Week 2


So last week I had no post because I had no meal plan. Like most people in Ireland, I was just getting over the Beast from the East and crazy snow that we had, and I was lucky to get some shopping done on the Monday evening with some very bare shelves. I did the best I could but a meal plan was not happening last week. I'm sure I am not alone, but being snowed in definitely threw me off. I was working from home which meant a set up at my kitchen table, and while I still had my prepared lunches in the fridge - being so close to the kitchen cupboards and feeling very out of sorts saw me stray off plan, mostly out of boredom. I obviously couldn't run, but I did manage to get out walking for at least a bit every day and hit my 10k steps 3 out of the 5 days I was trapped inside.



 I started to go a little mad too and by the time saturday came around I was just dying to get out. I got myself up and did hair, make up and put on some real clothes. After clearing the snow from the drive way I decided we had to get out and we made the trek to the local pub for a couple of drinks, and collected a takeaway on the way home. While I was still over my points for the day when it came to the drinks I had, I chose a healthy option at the takeaway (even opting for extra veggies instead of rice).



Sunday I woke up determined to get back on track but there was hardly any food in the house. I made my way to the shop and got what I could to make myself a healthy salad for my lunch and some cauliflower to have with my chilli instead of rice. I managed to throw together a big pot of lentil and vegetable soup for lunches in work for the week and got all my cleaning done in the house - refusing the sit down for too long to let myself get bored. 

I was actually glad to be back in work on Monday, just to get out of the house, though when I was still in work at 7pm and only left to get some food and finish working at home the feeling faded pretty fast. We did manage to get to the supermarket that day, and while they had had deliveries that day, by 7pm the shelves were pretty bare again. We got enough ingredients to be able to throw together some healthy dinners. I had enough eggs for breakfasts and my lunches pre prepped so no excuses. On Wednesday I attempted to go for a run, but there was too much snow for it to be any sort of a real run. To be honest by the time Thursday came around I was looking forward to getting back to my weigh in but also pretty unsure about what the scales would say. I had been on plan in the 2 weeks before the snow, and while I did have 4 days 'off track' I had got myself back into the routine of things pretty well. I am happy to say I was down 1/2 a pound, nothing major but I think it reflects the reality of the situation. 

I've been a bit up and down this weekend. I had a bit of a stressful day in work and let myself indulge a bit in the breakfast goodies, so was over on Friday. Saturday I was at my friends for the day and I definitely used up all my weeklies, but by Sunday I was back to normal and even managed a 13km run. 

Its back to business as usual this week, meal plan done and no more excuses! Bank holiday coming up, so can't be messing around in the run up to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment