Ok I have a bit of a confession, I got this book back in November and have kept meaning to finish pointing but life just got in the way. Then the plan changed so I had to go back and start again with the Flex points which pushed it out even further. But I have finally done it. I have to say, this is not my favourite of their books. It's still got some fantastic recipes (the meatless meatballs in particular was a favourite), but I would be more likely to reach for one of their other books. I also am not sure I have given it a fair chance because of that, and it didn't help that I have only just finished pointing it. I try to eat vegetarian at least once a week so will give a few more a try from now on.
As I started this before Christmas, I have worked out the SmartPoints pre and post Flex plus the No Count SmartPoints. I do not have the info to go back and workout the ProPoints though if anyone out there is still following that plan.
Just a few things to note on this post and the posts of the other books!
- I am in Ireland and do not have access to the same e-tools those in the UK and else where have, so these values have been calculated using the food guides given in classes and the shopping guide. So cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.
- For some of the recipes, when working out ProPoints values I did use the calories given in the book as a guide to estimate but have NOT done this for any of the SmartPoint Values.
- Where the recipe states 'Oil for Spraying' I have used Low Cal Spray Oil (like Frylite) and not used any points for this.
- Apart from the note about oil above, all recipes have ProPoints & SmartPoints calculated as they are in the book. No substitutions made, if it says full fat cheese thats what I pointed, semi skimmed was pointed as such etc.
- However, when working out values for No Count I made a few substitutions
- Milk changed to skimmed instead of semi skimmed.
- Rice changed to brown rice (with the exception of Aboria and Paella)
- Pasta/Spaghetti changed to brown pasta
- Cous Cous changed to wholemeal cous cous
- Rindless Back Bacon changed with bacon medallions
- Pitta's & Wraps changed to the WW branded versions which are free.
- Finally, please let me know if any of these are incorrect and I will check and update them ASAP.