Saturday, May 30, 2015

Where Am I Going Wrong?



I've hit the mother of all plateaus! I can't seem to get under 11 stone. I managed it back in January but since then I have been generally just above it. I have grown to hate my scales and even taken to weighing myself almost daily (I do not recommend this). I tried filling and healthy for a few weeks, but that didn't work. I know my problem there, I can't seem to judge the 'satisfied' feeling. I am one of those people who can eat a huge amount before feeling full and this does not work with filling and healthy. I wish it did work for me, but propoints is the plan for me.





I have 9 weeks until my holidays and 9lbs to get back to goal. I need to find my motivation and stick with it. I feel like I should go back to meetings, but there just are none that I could get to. So I need to find my motivation on my own. For June I am going to give up chocolate & sweets with 2 exceptions: June 28th for my boyfriends birthday and Monday after the mini marathon. I am going to get back to tracking everything 100%, weighing and measuring everything and ensuring that my weekend treats fit into my weeklies and my activity points. When June is over I am going to see how I've done and make a plan for July. 



It's funny, I have been struglling a bit for the past year and the only thing I can think that has really changed is that I turned 30. I know losing and maintaining your weight is meant to get more difficult as you got older, but I really didn't think it would be like a switch as soon as I turned 30.

In other news I have the Mini Marathon on Monday and I am really hoping to knock another minute or 2 off my 10k personal best. My running slowed right down in May and I am just starting to build it back up again. Once the mini marathon is over I have 4 weeks until my next half marathon, so I am jumping straight into training for that.  The plan is at least 18 miles per week until Clontarf including at least one interval session per week.  If anyone can recommend a good plan that I can follow I'm all ears! 

I promised a giveaway in May, but time has just run away from me (as usual) and I am yet to find the perfect prize. In the next couple of weeks I will get this closed off! 


No comments:

Post a Comment