Everyone knows how big a fan I was of the Hairy Dieters first cook book. It is easily my most used cook book and it has never failed to disappoint, whether I am just cooking for me or entertaining friends. I was so excited when I found out they had a new book coming out and I ordered it as soon as I could. And here it is, Hairy Dieters: Eat For Life. I only got it on Tuesday so am yet to try any of the recipes, but after analysing all the recipes (working out the propoints), I do believe this one is even better than the last. For anyone trying to lose weight, be it on weight watchers or otherwise, I seriously cannot recommend these books enough! This one focuses on the importance of making the life time changes and sticking with them, which is hugely relevant to me and I'm sure many others now!Since my last post on these guys is far and above my most popular post, I have trawled through the new book and calculated the propoints for all the recipes.
With the introduction of SmartPoints accross the board, I have gone back and calculated the smart points values after numerous requests to do so. I know a lot of people will be sticking with ProPoints for the forseeable future so I have left the ProPoints values in too. I have also added the SmartPoints that need to be taken from weeklies for anyone following the No Count plan.
I have gone back and amended the SmartPoint Values for the new Flex update. A lot of the recipes will stay the same, some have minimal change and some more drastic. No Count values have remained the same so are unedited.
Just a few things to note on this post and the posts of the other books!
- I am in Ireland and do not have access to the same e-tools those in the UK and else where have, so these values have been calculated using the food guides given in classes and the shopping guide. So cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.
- For some of the recipes, when working out ProPoints values I did use the calories given in the book as a guide to estimate but have NOT done this for any of the SmartPoint Values.
- For the recipes that involve blending fruit and veg, I used the MyFitnessPal recipe builder to get the full nutritional info and then used the calculator to work out the SmartPoints. I did this as the guides tell you that blended fruit needs to be counted but I couldn't find anywhere to show how it should be calculated.
- Where the recipe states 'Oil for Spraying' I have used Low Cal Spray Oil (like Frylite) and not used any points for this.
- Apart from the note about oil above, all recipes have ProPoints & SmartPoints calculated as they are in the book. No substitutions made, if it says full fat cheese thats what I pointed, semi skimmed was pointed as such etc.
- However, when working out values for No Count I made a few substitutions
- Milk changed to skimmed instead of semi skimmed.
- Rice changed to brown rice (with the exception of Aboria and Paella)
- Pasta/Spaghetti changed to brown pasta
- Cous Cous changed to wholemeal cous cous
- Rindless Back Bacon changed with bacon medallions
- Pitta's & Wraps changed to the WW branded versions which are free.
- Finally, please let me know if any of these are incorrect and I will check and update them ASAP.