Sunday, March 3, 2013

Saucy Saucy

I love fish. All types (except oysters) and lucky for me its incredibly good for you. Shellfish and white fish are unbelievably low in pro points and the oily fish like salmon and mackerel, while higher in pro points, are the best types of fat you need in your diet. So all in all a win win.



I have been seeing more and more of The Saucy Fish Co in shops and have tried a few of their products and they are great. What you get is good quality pieces of fish
with a sauce designed to go with the fish. They are great for people who don't normally cook fish and know what flavours go well together. The cooking instructions are super easy and most important of all the ingredients are fantastic. Very simple minimal ingredients, all of which you recognize which is great. I love cooking from scratch but there are times when you need to reach for a convenience food and I like to go for good quality convenience foods and that is why I love them.

Some of the rang I have tried are:


These come in a 6 propoints each or 13propoints for both in the pack. You don't need 2, one with a big salad or some veg of your choosing, even 3propoints worth of potato if you are really hungry, is a great dinner and they are very filling. I tried to eat 2 the first time I got them and it was just too much. There is a haddock and cheddar sauce fish cake which I haven't tried but they come in at 6propoints each but 11 propoints for 2. They are next on my list to try.


These come in a 5pp per fillet with half the sauce. So easy and quick to cook and the sauce is delicious. Tastes indulgent but light and very satisfying! 


These come in a 7 propoints per portion - salmon is one of those oily fishes so while higher in propoints so very good for you. This one is so tasty, I love asian type flavours. Ginger and chilli are a great combo and this works so well. 


The range is getting bigger and all of them are great value propoints wise and excellent taste wise. Def worth a go for a quick easy dinner! 


1 comment:

  1. hmm!I love fish also...salmon is my favorite! I haven't seen these around anywhere..but it's great that you are enjoying them so much!
    Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete