Monday, January 21, 2019

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In


I'm going to keep this post brief as I am working on a longer post dedicated to some goals for 2019. I am firmly back in the swing of things and managed to lose 3lbs of my Christmas gain. It may have gone on quite quickly but I know it will be slower to come off and I'm ok with that. I would rather lose it again gradually than try to rush it for no real reason. I feel like I am back into a real routine and that's how I work best. When I am enjoying the food I'm eating and not overthinking everything. 


Planning works for me and it always has. When I have to go to the shop to get lunch, for some reason I am more likely to stray from the plan and go for something unhealthy. Not only then do I feel guilty, I also feel bloated, sluggish and just not myself for the rest of the afternoon in work. So having my packed lunches ready to are key. For dinner I find it a lot easier to think of healthy meals on the fly for the most part, but when I have had a stressful day - if I have to think too much about what I am going to make I will be reaching for whatever is ready in 5 minutes. So getting home and being able to start cooking straight away means before I know it I have a tasty healthy dinner ready to go. 

I started doing these meal plans and sharing them back in 2016, and they have been the best thing I have done in terms of tools for maintaining. I have not been perfect in those 3 years but I am far from where I was when I started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment