Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Goals!



I've had a tough couple of weeks, so its been a while since I wrote a post that wasn't a recipe. I'm working on a post at the moment about my anxiety but its proving much more difficult to write about than I initially anticipated. I promise its coming, I just can't say when. For now I guess this is just a short update on where I'm at right now! I'm working on trying to make October a better month than September was and its time to start working on some goals.



Running:


My alarms are set, I'm up early and I'm back on the roads again! If I look back at my running for 2015, it hasn't been great. There has been no real regularity or rhythm to my running. Sure I have been out there, but there has been no great focus or motivation to do any sort of distance or time. So a few weeks ago I signed myself up for a new Runkeeper training program to give me something to work towards. I'm 3 weeks in and I have only missed one run but to be honest I'm not 100% happy with my progress. I've had about 2 runs that I am happy with my pacing but the rest are not where I should be. I seem to be struggling a bit. I am going to stick with it and hope something clicks in the next couple of weeks, or I really don't know what I'll do. I have signed up for the Run In The Dark again which is in 5 weeks, so its given me something more to work on for the next 5 weeks.

Weigh Ins:


I've lost 3lbs in my last 3 weigh ins, which has me on track for my stone goal by christmas. I was hoping for a bit of a kick start this week as the closer I get to christmas, the harder its going to get. However since I have just restarted my running properly, I'm not actually surprised the scales are moving slowly. Whenever I make any sort of a change to my activity, the scales usually stalls a bit. In saying that I am in no way disappointed with a 3lb loss, its on target. With 11 weeks to go, I'm confident I can make my goal.

Food:


I've started to go back and make some of my own recipes more regularly from my archives. And in doing so I have realised how bad my food photography was when I first started blogging (ok not just first started, for most of my blogging). So my food goal is 2 part; Firstly I want to cook at least one new recipe a week (some will be blog worthy and others won't). I will also be going back and not only remaking something from the archives, but rephotographing them and updating the recipe. Each week I'll post the link to one of these updated recipes on my facebook page, so keep an eye out if you are looking for some inspiration. 

I also discovered this week that there is a website out there that has stole some of my recipes - not just the recipes but the intro and all photos word for word. I won't for obvious reasons be posting the link, but it was a bit of a shock and will now have to start adding some sort of watermark to all my food photos to hopefully try and make sure it doesn't happen again. 



October also means its nearly Halloween, which in the past has been my favourite time of year (Christmas is becoming a contender for favourite). There have only been a handfull of years where I have not had a costume (one year I had 3) and I usually put a lot of effort into my costumes. However this year I don't know if I will be going anywhere a costume will be required, and if I do I have no idea what to go as. So if anyone has any ideas (budget friendly) please let me know!!


1 comment: