Thursday, April 23, 2015

Letting Go of the Guilt!



I've been meaning to post an update since my last recipe post, but when that Monday morning hit I had a bad feeling. I have no idea why but the week was starting with a struggle. I felt ok about my food though, I still bought enough tuna and salad for healthy lunches all week and had my meals planned out for the week. That afternoon I had a chocolate bar - and I didn't track it. That was the beginning of the end.



I rationalised it....the start of the week....won't cause much damage....but I should have known better. The chocolate bar was just a symptom of the problem. I wasn't myself. I don't know why but I was feeling down and it go worse as the week went on. I wasn't sleeping well and I felt like everything was on top of me! It all came to a head on Monday when I just gave up trying to stay on track and went out for a 'cheat lunch'. It consisted of an amazing chicken and bacon triple decker sandwich with a bag of crisps, followed by a chocolate bar in the afternoon.

I gave in to my feelings and didn't track a single thing until Sunday morning. I had Eddie Rockets, lots of chocolate, Ice Cream, a breakfast bagel and just tried to find a way to feel myself again. I knew the answers weren't in the food I was eating, but my mind wasn't in the right place and trying to stay on track and failing would not have helped my mood.


I had a bad week, but not the worse. Despite all the bad I still went running and had a few healthy meals in between. The most important thing I did was not feel guilty about it. That helped me find my way back. Guilt has a funny way of holding you back and I didn't want to go there. I woke up on Sunday morning ready for a new week and I don't think I'd have gotten there without letting go of the guilt. 







3 comments:

  1. I agree! It is such a burden relieved knowing that we know what to do & if we put in the effort results will follow. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up, healthy eating/dieting is always hard, but you can do this :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Sometimes we do things out of emotion. It's totally normal and definitely OK. It especially helps are well being to accept this animalistic desire to self soothe xoxox

    ReplyDelete